IPL Hair Removal Treatment
What Is It?
IPL, which stands for Intense Pulsed Light, and laser hair removal are both long-term and potentially permanent methods of hair reduction. They involve using a beam of light over the skin which targets areas of high pigmentation, heating them to the point of destruction of the hair follicle. This inhibits the growth of the hair, shrinking the follicle and eventually resulting in the loss of hair growth from that area.
How Does It Work?
A beam of light is guided over the skin. The light energy is absorbed by areas of high pigment, e.g., hairs, where it transfers as heat energy. The heat energy heats the hair, damaging the follicle. The follicle is then unable to grow new hairs.
Benefits of IPL Hair Removal:
- It is less painful than other hair removal methods.
- The strong light quickly destroys the root of the hair.
- You won’t have to worry about timing treatments and your hair growing back
- It is very precise, affecting the hair not the skin
- Treatments do not take much time